7 Ayurvedic Diet Tricks to Get Rid of Body Heat Fast
The scorching heat in summer can make you uncomfortable. Well, Ayurveda can play an effective role in reducing body heat and keeping you cool all the time.
Ayurveda is an ancient guide to keeping our bodies cool, especially when the weather is extremely hot. In Ayurveda, our body consists of three basic doshas, Vata, Pitta and Kapha. All three are interconnected with our physical and mental health. But when it comes to body heat, we talk about pitta dosh. Yes! Pitta is associated with the elements of fire and water and plays a crucial role in metabolism and digestion. When pitta is balanced it keeps our digestive system clean and healthy, but if it becomes excessive or unbalanced, it can cause excessive body health and extreme discomfort.
However, balancing pitta or the body’s fire requires a holistic approach that includes lifestyle modifications, nutritional changes and mindful practices. Let us take a look at some basic nutritional tips that one should follow to reduce body heat and maintain balance of inner fire.
6 Effective Ayurvedic Dietary Tips to Prevent Body Heat
- Include more cooling foods: Incorporate more nutrients with cooling properties into your diet. It includes cucumber, watermelon, coconut, mint and leafy vegetables.
- Minimize spicy foods: Limit intake of spices, sour foods, vinegar, hot peppers, citrus fruits, and fermented foods.
- Stay hydrated: Dehydration may worsen pita condition. It is important to drink plenty of water as well as cold herbal tea such as mint or chamomile.
- Maintain your regular meals: Irregular eating habits can disrupt the digestive process. Always make sure to eat your meals on time to support healthy digestion.
- Preference for bitter taste: Include foods with bitter and astringent taste such as bitter gourd, green leafy vegetables and legumes in your meals.
- Drink more cold drinks: Drink drinks that contain more cooling properties, such as aloe vera juice, coconut water, mint infusion, saffron milk, cumin, and coriander tea.
In Ayurveda, maintaining the balance of pitta dosha is important in reducing body heat and promoting overall health. By making the right food choices and lifestyle modifications, one can keep pitta bread under control and stay comfortable during hot weather. Always consult an Ayurvedic physician or healthcare provider if you have specific health concerns.
More lifestyle news
Publication date: September 12, 2023 at 3:29 PM IST
Updated: September 12, 2023 at 3:29 PM IST
(Tags for translation)Ayurveda