Austin ISD announces a two-hour delay on Wednesday
How to remove ice from a windshield
An icy windshield is a common problem in winter.
Problem solved, reviewed
After most school districts in Central Texas changed their class schedules Tuesday, the Austin district announced it would also delay the start of Wednesday classes by two hours.
Meteorologists expect temperatures to drop significantly in the mid-morning hours of Wednesday, according to the National Meteorological Directorate. The agency has issued a hard freeze warning until 10 a.m. Wednesday.
School district closed, delayed until Wednesday
- Austin ISD: Class will be postponed for two hours on Wednesday due to freezing temperatures. The district will excuse students who are late or absent due to traffic delays. After-school activities on Tuesdays and Wednesdays will be moved indoors. The district had some plumbing issues at Bowie High School on Tuesday due to the freezing weather. Staff addresses issues and makes accommodations to ensure students have a safe learning environment.
Schedule of colleges and universities for Tuesday
- Austin Community College District: It is expected to open according to its regular schedule on Tuesday, the first day of spring classes. Officials said in a statement that they will monitor conditions and are prepared to make adjustments as needed. “Any potential delays or cancellations…will be shared through the ACC Emergency Alert System, posted on our website, and shared with the media,” the district said.
- Houston Tillotson University: Classes and campus operations will begin at 11 a.m. Tuesday.
- University of Texas: The university will operate on a regular schedule, but will provide some flexibility for people affected by the closure or delayed start of area institutions.
School district closed, delayed until Tuesday
- Austin School District: The start of classes in all classrooms, buses and offices will be delayed by two hours on Tuesday.
- Bastrop: Area school campuses were closed Tuesday.
- del valle: All school district campuses and offices will be closed on Tuesday “due to extremely cold temperatures and snow covering sidewalks, access areas and roads on many DVISD campuses,” the district announced in a statement.
- dripping springs: Due to water issues occurring throughout the area, all classes have been canceled for Tuesday.
- Ennis: All classes will begin two hours late on Tuesday.
- Gene: All district school campuses will be closed Tuesday.
- George Town: School lessons and transportation will start on Tuesday with a two-hour delay.
- Hayes: Closed on Tuesday; After-school activities may resume but parents should check with the coach or activity sponsor.
- Hutu: Campus and buses will run with a two-hour delay on Tuesday.
- Lake Travis: All school campuses, buses and facilities will start two hours late Tuesday. Elementary schools will begin classes at 9:40 a.m. and middle and high schools will begin at 10:50 a.m.
- Leander: All classes will start with a two-hour delay on Tuesday.
- Manor: All classes, buses and district offices will start with a two-hour delay on Tuesday.
- Marble Falls: Classes will resume as usual on Tuesday.
- Pflugerville: Classes will begin two hours late Tuesday.
- Round rock: All classes will begin two hours late on Tuesday.
- Saint Mark: All universities and offices in the area were closed on Tuesday.
- Smithville: All classrooms in the district were closed Tuesday.
more: Austin Live Weather Updates: ERCOT asks to conserve power Tuesday morning
This is a developing story. Check back for updates as more schools and universities announce closures and delays.