California storm update: live radar, traffic map, power outages
California, USA –
The second of cascading weather rivers moved slowly across California early Monday, flooding roads and knocking out power for hundreds of thousands of people.
The storm’s strongest winds are over for now with only breezy conditions in the morning. More scattered rain will continue today, with thunderstorms possible this afternoon.
Below is a list of active watches, warnings, and alerts issued by NWS Sacramento:
a Flood watch Valid from Sunday to Tuesday. Mudslides and rockslides are possible in the hillsides. Flood-prone areas, urban areas, roads, parking lots and small streams can be inundated. River levels will rise, even compared to where we were.
a Winter storm warning Effective through Tuesday for Sierra. 1-3 feet of snow is possible in the Coastal Range and 4-6 feet is possible in the Sierra. Wind speeds are expected to reach 55 mph or higher.
Here are the latest road conditions and Caltrans interactive map.
- A high wind warning is in effect from the San Joaquin/Sacramento County line to the Sacramento/Yolo County line, according to Caltrans.
- A high wind warning is in effect over the Elkhorn Bridge and over the Elkhorn/North Sacramento Bridge in Yolo County.
- Eastbound I-80: Eastbound trucks are being inspected in Applegate in Placer County, according to Caltrans. Chains are required from 3.4 miles east of Baxter in Placer County to Truckee in Nevada County, according to Caltrans.
- I-80 westbound: Westbound trucks are being inspected 5 miles west of Reno/in Mogul in Washoe County, according to Caltrans. Chains are required from Donner Lake Junction in Nevada County to 3.4 miles east of Baxter in Placer County, according to Caltrans.
- A high wind warning is in effect for the Yolo Causeway and Bryte Bend Bride/west Sacramento in Yolo County, according to Caltrans.
- A high wind warning is in effect from the Yolo/Sacramento County line to the Sacramento/Placer County line.
- Chains are required from Twin Bridges to Meyers in El Dorado County, according to Caltrans.
- A high wind warning is in effect from the Yolo/Sacramento County line to the Sacramento/El Dorado County line, according to Caltrans.
Find PG&E power outages here. SMUD’s outage map can be found here and here is where to report outages.
Sacramento County: Power Outages: Track power outages in Sacramento County
San Joaquin County: Power Outages: Track power outages in San Joaquin County
Yolo County: Power Outages: Track power outages in Yolo County
Placer County: Power Outages: Track power outages in Placer County
Nevada County: Power Outages: Track power outages in Nevada County
Solano County: Power Outages: Track power outages in Solano County
Modesto area: Power Outages: Track power outages in the Modesto area
Related: 5 tricks to help you overcome a power outage
School closures and delays
Find out about the latest school closures and delays here.
Sacramento area traffic map:
Radar map from ABC10.com. Adjust the layers using the filter in the lower right corner to show rain, snow, wind, and current temperatures:
► Resources | Helpful information and emergency resources to help you weather this storm
► Forecast details | Check our hourly forecasts and radar pages.
► Get weather alerts on your phone | Download the ABC10 mobile app
► Weather in your email | Sign up for the ABC10 newsletter today
Watch more from ABC10: California Storm Forecast: Risks of weather storms, wind, rain and flooding
ABC10: Watch, download, read
Download the ABC10 app to get the weather forecast translated to where you are. Additionally, you can track storms using live radar.
Stream live ABC10 newscasts and video on demand with our app on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV.
Get the ABC10 mobile app to get breaking news alerts, live shows and send us news tips.
Join the ABC10 Weather Force! Upload your weather photos to the ABC10 app.