SoCal weather report for Monday, November 6: Cooler air this week
November weather is in the air. We are back with a normal seasonal forecast with cool mornings, sunny afternoons and cool evenings.
- Today’s weather: Sunny and fun
- Beaches: The seventies
- Mountains: The sixties and seventies / 78-89
- Interior: 1980s
- Warnings and instructions: no one
Coastal residents will wake up to patchy fog this morning but don’t worry, it will clear by 10am. Temperatures will average 70 degrees near the beaches, and up to 77 degrees in downtown Los Angeles.
The valley average will be in the mid to upper 70s, reaching 81 in the San Fernando Valley. Interior Riverside and San Bernardino counties are also cooler with highs reaching 81 and 77 in inland Orange County.
The high desert will see an average of 79 degrees, while the low desert will reach 89 degrees.
Lows tonight are in the 50s and 40s in Antelope Valley and 60s in Palm Desert with breezy conditions.
TAKE A LOOK AHEAD: The National Weather Service expects another Santa Ana wind event to return Tuesday night for the mountains of northern Los Angeles County and Wednesday for the Inland Empire and Orange County region.
This day in history
On this day in 1961, the Bel Air Fire, which began as a wildfire, ended up causing $100 million in losses and spread through Brentwood and Topanga Canyon, damaging nearly 500 homes and even causing severe damage to the local avocado crop. You can read about a fireproof house that has since been built in Topanga Canyon.
Things to do
It may be November 6, but stores and other capitalist institutions are telling us that the holidays have already arrived and Mariah Carey has officially thawed. If you’re feeling the holiday spirit, head to Santa Monica where cold treats await:
- Ice at Santa Monica Rink: Winter adventure by sea is back this season. Slide and skate across 8,000 square feet of pristine ice within four blocks of the Pacific Ocean. The skating rink on the corner of 5th Street and Arizona Avenue has been transformed for the holidays. Entry includes ski equipment rental.
- Or are you looking forward to being surrounded by music? paying off: Choir! Choir! Choir! David Goldman and Nobu Adelman (aka “DaBu”) started with the choir! Choir! Choir! in Toronto as a weekly singing event in 2011. The goal was to create a night of singing, community and a little comedy. Now they travel the world bringing people together to sing great songs. No experience is needed, just show up and they will teach you the parts needed to create a community choir. The theme of the show this week in Los Angeles is “Dreams,” focusing on Fleetwood Mac songs.
Check out our full list of things to do this week.
What questions do you have about Southern California?