Tornado expected to land near Colfax: Warning issued | WNTZ
FILE – This satellite image provided by NOAA shows Tropical Storm Nicole making landfall as a hurricane early Thursday, Nov. 10, 2022, in Florida. (NOAA via AP)
Grant, LaSalle and Rapides parishes, la. (WNTZ) – In a rapidly developing weather emergency, the National Weather Service in Shreveport has issued a… Tornado Warning for Grant Parish and La Salle Parish As far north as central Louisiana 4:00 PM CST. 2:58 PM CST, a tornado-producing storm has been confirmed over Colfax, moving at an alarming speed of 55 mph. Residents on the trail, including Jena, Midway, Nebo, Xenoria, Rogers, Iatt Lake, Bulloch, Aloha, Dry Prong, Fishville, Bentley and Williana, are urged to take shelter immediately.
Affected areas: Grant Diocese and La Salle Diocese in north-central Louisiana
time: Until 4:00 PM CST
the current situation: At 2:58 PM CDT, a tornado-producing storm was detected over Colfax, about 7 miles northeast of Lena, moving northeast at 55 mph. This tornado has been confirmed by radar, posing an imminent threat.
- Destructive hurricane with potential for major destruction.
- Flying debris poses a significant hazard to those without adequate shelter.
- Mobile homes are at risk of severe damage or destruction.
- Expect damage to roofs, windows and vehicles.
- Widespread tree damage is likely.
Expected path: The hurricane is expected to affect the following areas:
- Jenna and Midway About 3:30 PM CST.
- Other locations on the trail include: Nebo, Xenorea, Rogers, Eight Lake, Bullock, Aloha, Dry Prong, Fishville, Bentley, and Williana.
directions: To ensure your safety, take the following actions immediately:
- Take cover now: Go to the basement or interior room in the basement of a sturdy building.
- Avoid Windows: Stay away from windows to reduce the risk of flying debris.
- Homes and mobile vehicles: If you are outside, in a mobile home, or in a car, go to the nearest large shelter immediately.
- Protect yourself: Use any means available to protect yourself from flying debris.
- Grant Parrish, no.
- Parish of La Salle, La.
Repeat warning: There is currently a hurricane on Earth, and time is of the essence. Take cover now to ensure your safety. Monitor local news and weather updates for the latest information on this rapidly developing situation.
Please share this alert with friends, family and neighbors to ensure everyone is aware of the immediate danger and can take appropriate action. Your safety is our top priority. Stay tuned for more updates.