Weather today (February 5): Thunderstorms loom over western Bihar; Very dense fog in Delhi
Here is the weather forecast for India.
Monday (February 5):
- Thunderstorms with lightning and hailstorms are very likely to occur over the West Bengal and Sikkim region located south of the Himalayas. With lightning and stormy winds over Bihar; With lightning over eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Dense to very dense fog is likely in the morning and night hours over Punjab, Haryana, Chandigarh and Delhi.
- Dense fog is present over Odisha and Jharkhand.
National 5-day forecast:
The western disturbance as a trough is located in the western regions of the middle troposphere along approximately Long. 71 degrees east north latitude. 32°N with induced cyclonic circulation over northwest Rajasthan and adjoining areas. The following weather is healthy under the influence of these systems.
Light to moderate isolated to isolated rain/snowfall accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning over Jammu and Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit, Baltistan, Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand from February 5 to 6, and dry weather thereafter.
Additionally, isolated light rains accompanied by thunderstorms, lightning and gusty winds are likely over Bihar and Uttar Pradesh on February 5, with dry weather thereafter.
Meanwhile, scattered to fairly widespread light to moderate rain/snowfall is likely over Arunachal Pradesh from February 5 to 7; Isolated rainfall occurred over West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Mizoram, Manipur and Tripura on February 7.
Scattered thunderstorms with hailstorms are also likely to occur over Sikkim on February 5.
Dense fog warning:
- Dense to very dense fog conditions are very likely to prevail in the morning hours over parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh from February 5 to 6.
- Dense fog conditions are possible in the morning hours over western Uttar Pradesh, northern Rajasthan, Gangetic states of West Bengal, Assam and Meghalaya on February 5 and over Odisha from February 5 to 6.
Minimum temperature forecast:
- Minimum temperatures are very likely to rise by 2-3 degrees Celsius in many parts of eastern India over the next couple of days and there is no significant change after that.
- Minimum temperatures are likely to drop by 2-4 degrees Celsius in many parts of northwest India over the next couple of days and there is no significant change after that.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download Weather channel app (On Android and iOS store). It’s free!
The Weather Company’s primary journalistic mission is to report on breaking weather news, the environment, and the importance of science in our lives. This story does not necessarily represent the position of our parent company, IBM.