Weather today (July 26): Heavy to very heavy rains over Assam, Odisha and Telangana.
Here is the weather forecast for India:
Wednesday (July 26)
- Very heavy falls are expected at some places in Andhra Pradesh.
- Heavy to very heavy rains are possible over Assam, sub-Himalayan West Bengal, southern Odisha, southern Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and adjoining eastern Maharashtra, Konkan and Malabar coasts.
- Widespread rain and isolated thunderstorms are expected over northeast India, West Bengal, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. , and Karnataka. Kerala and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated isolated rain showers accompanied by lightning may hit Bihar, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
Thursday (July 27)
- Heavy to very heavy rains may inundate Telangana, eastern Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and the Konkan coast.
- Widespread rainfall and isolated thunderstorms are expected over northeast India, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand, Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Punjab, Haryana, Delhi, Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand and Gujarat. Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Karnataka, Kerala, and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated rain with lightning is likely over Bihar, Tamil Nadu and Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
5-day forecast nationwide
The western end of the monsoon trough is likely to shift northward gradually over the next two-three days.
Meanwhile, a low pressure area remains clearly defined over the Midwest and the adjacent northwestern Bay of Bengal off the coast of northern Andhra Pradesh and southern Odisha, with an associated cyclonic circulation extending up to the mid-tropospheric levels and heading southwest.
According to TWC forecast, this system may slowly move northwestward and cross the Odisha coast during the next two-three days, while intensifying into a depression. However, it is not expected to develop into a hurricane storm at this stage.
Under its influence, rainfall activity is expected to intensify around eastern and central India over the next few days.
as a result of, Heavy to very heavy rain It may occur in neighboring southern Odisha, southern Chhattisgarh, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and eastern Maharashtra on July 26.
In addition, some places in Andhra Pradesh may witness Very heavy falls With the risk of floods, rising rivers, floods and landslides during the next 24 hours.
In addition, westerly winds carrying moisture coming from the Arabian Sea may become active Very heavy rain Along the Konkan and Malabar coasts over the next few days. Rainfall totals in the area are expected to reach 150 mm or more by July 27. At the same time, there are risks of floods and floods due to the heavy rains witnessed until yesterday.
As for mercury levels, maximum temperatures are expected to remain below normal in northwest India during this forecast period.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download Weather channel app (On Android and iOS store). It’s free!