Weather today (October 2): Very heavy rains in Lach Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar
Here is the weather forecast for India:
Monday (October 2)
- Extremely heavy rains may hit isolated places over north Chhattisgarh.
- Very heavy rainfall is expected at isolated places over North Odisha, Jharkhand and West Bihar.
- Heavy rain may occur at some places over Assam, Meghalaya, sub-Himalayan West Bengal, Sikkim, Gangik, West Bengal, eastern Uttar Pradesh and eastern Madhya Pradesh.
- Widespread rain and thunderstorms are likely over the Himalayan region of West Bengal, Sikkim, Gangetic, West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand, Bihar, Kerala, Mahe and Lakshadweep.
- Fairly widespread rain and thunderstorms may occur over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Chhattisgarh and coastal Karnataka.
- Isolated showers with possibility of lightning are possible in Arunachal Pradesh, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Gujarat region, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal and interior. Karnataka.
Tuesday (October 3)
- Very heavy rain may fall at isolated places over the Himalayan region of West Bengal, Sikkim and Bihar.
- Heavy rains are possible at some places in Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Gangik, West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand, East Uttar Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
- Widespread rain and thunderstorms may occur over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Western Sub-Himalayas, Sikkim, Gangetic West Bengal, Odisha, Jharkhand and Bihar.
- Fairly widespread rain and thunderstorms are expected over Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Coastal Karnataka and Lakshadweep.
- It is expected to be isolated with scattered showers with possibility of lightning in eastern Uttar Pradesh, eastern Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal, Interior Karnataka, Kerala and Mahe.
5-day forecast nationwide
The line of withdrawal of the southwest monsoon extends across Jammu, Himachal Pradesh, southern Uttarakhand, western Uttar Pradesh, northern Madhya Pradesh and southern Rajasthan. The monsoon is expected to withdraw for the rest of the states of Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, western Uttar Pradesh, other parts of western Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and some other parts of Gujarat during the next two days.
Meanwhile, a well-defined low pressure area over north Odisha is expected to slowly move northwestward. The trough of associated cyclonic circulation extends into eastern Uttar Pradesh.
Under its influence, intermittent rainfall is expected to continue over eastern, central and northeastern India over the next few days.
particularly, Very heavy rainfall (≧204.5 mm) It may hit isolated places in north Chhattisgarh on October 2. Very heavy rain (115.6 mm – 204.4 mm) It may occur in isolated places over Odisha and Jharkhand on October 2 and Bihar on October 2-3.
Similar weather is expected over the Himalayan region of West Bengal on October 3, and in Assam and Meghalaya on October 5.
Towards the west, another well-defined low pressure area over south Madhya Maharashtra is gradually losing strength and weakening into a low pressure area. Under its influence, scattered rain is expected across Maharashtra during the next two days.
As for mercury levels, maximum temperatures are expected to be below normal in northwest and eastern India, while remaining above average in south and northeast India. Overnight lows should continue to remain normal or slightly above normal across the country.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download Weather channel app (On Android and iOS store). It’s free!