Weather today (October 23): Heavy rain in Lash Kerala; Thunderstorms over Tamil Nadu
Here is the weather forecast for India
Monday (October 23):
- Heavy rains likely in Kerala and Mahe.
- Thunderstorms with lightning and gusty winds (30-40 kmph) are expected over Kerala and Mahe, and with lightning occurring at isolated places over Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry and Karaikal.
Tuesday (October 24):
- Thunderstorms accompanied by lightning have been predicted on the Ganges in West Bengal, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal, Kerala and Mahe.
5-day forecast nationwide
the Extremely severe cyclonic storm “Tej” It is very likely to move northwestward and cross the coast of Yemen near the city of Al Ghaydah (Yemen) in the early hours of October 24 as a very severe cyclonic storm with wind speeds of 125-150 km per hour.
at the same time, Deep depression The cyclone is likely to strengthen over the west-central Bay of Bengal into a cyclonic storm. It is likely to move northward approximately until the morning of October 23, then north-northeast and cross the coast of Bangladesh between Khibopara and Chittagong around the evening of October 25 as a deep depression.
Finally, the western disturbance is seen as a cyclonic circulation over northern Pakistan and adjacent areas.
Light to moderate rain is expected at many places with isolated heavy rain accompanied by thunderstorms, lightning and gusty winds over Kerala on October 23.
Light to moderate rain at places over Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit, Baltistan, Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh and Uttarakhand on October 23.
Anglers are advised not to venture into this;
- Southwestern Arabian Sea until October 24.
- West-central Arabian Sea until the night of October 24.
- West Central Bay of Bengal until October 25.
- Adjacent to the east-central and southeastern Bay of Bengal until October 23.
- North of the Bay of Bengal and along the coasts of Odisha, West Bengal and beyond from 23 to 24 October.
Those at sea are advised to return to the coast.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download Weather channel app (On Android and iOS store). It’s free!
The Weather Company’s primary journalistic mission is to report on breaking weather news, the environment, and the importance of science in our lives. This story does not necessarily represent the position of our parent company, IBM.