Weather today (September 11): Heavy rains in coastal Assam and Andhra, Kerala
Here is the weather forecast for India:
Monday (September 10)
- Heavy to very heavy rain is expected at isolated places in eastern Uttar Pradesh.
- Heavy rains are falling at isolated places in Uttarakhand, western Uttar Pradesh, northeastern Madhya Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Rayalaseema, Kerala and Mahe.
- Thundershowers accompanied by lightning and strong winds of up to 40-50 km/h are likely in isolated places on Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Thunderstorms and lightning may strike isolated places over Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, East Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Sub-Himalaya, West Bengal, Sikkim, Jharkhand, Odisha, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam, Rayalaseema. and Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karikal, Kerala and Mahe.
Tuesday (September 11)
- Heavy rains are expected at isolated places over Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Odisha, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, coastal Andhra Pradesh and Yanam.
- Thunderstorms, lightning and gusty winds (40-50 kmph) are very likely to occur in isolated places over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Thunderstorms and lightning may occur at isolated places over Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, eastern Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Gangetic, West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, coastal Andhra Pradesh and Yanam.
5-day forecast nationwide
The monsoon trough flows south of its natural position through Jaisalmer, Kota, Guna, Sagar, Bandra Road, Jamshedpur, Digha and thence east-southeastward into the northeastern Bay of Bengal.
Meanwhile, a cyclonic circulation is located over northwestern Madhya Pradesh and its adjoining areas, and the associated trough extends into southern Chhattisgarh.
In addition, a new cyclonic circulation may form over the northwest and west-central Gulf adjacent to Bengal around September 12.
Under its influence, light to moderate to somewhat widespread rain falls, accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning, and isolated Heavy fall It may occur over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands from September 11 to 13, Odisha from September 12 to 15, Jharkhand from September 13 to 15, and over the Ganges in West Bengal from September 14 to 15.
isolated Very heavy rain It is also likely to be over Odisha on September 14-15.
Light to moderate rain, scattered to a certain extent, isolated thunderstorms Heavy rainfall activity Winds are very likely to blow over Assam and Meghalaya from September 11-12, and Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura from September 11-15.
Additionally, scattered moderate to moderate rainfall and isolated thunderstorms will occur Very heavy falls May hit eastern Uttar Pradesh on September 11, while Heavy rain showers It will be on the cards in isolated locations over Western Uttar Pradesh on September 11 and Uttarakhand on September 11, 13 and 14.
Moreover, rainfall is light to moderate, moderate to widespread, accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning, and scattered. high rain It is expected to fly over eastern Madhya Pradesh on September 11-15, over western Madhya Pradesh on September 15, Chhattisgarh from September 13-15, and over Vidarbha on September 14-15.
South, light to moderate rain, scattered to widespread with isolation high rain It may pelt coastal Andhra Pradesh from September 11 to 14, Kerala, Mahe and Rayalaseema on September 11 and Telangana on September 14.
Finally, moderate to fairly widespread rainfall, thunderstorms and lightning, along with isolated areas high rainIt may occur in isolated places over Madhya, Maharashtra and Marathwada on September 15th.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download Weather channel app (On Android and iOS store). It’s free!