Weather today (September 13): Heavy rains in Chhattisgarh Belt, Jharkhand
Here is the weather forecast for India:
Wednesday (September 13)
- Heavy to very heavy rain with very heavy rainfall is expected in Odisha.
- Heavy rainfall is possible at isolated places in Uttarakhand, East Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Gangetic, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Coastal Andhra Pradesh and Yanam.
- Thunderstorms accompanied by lightning and strong winds reaching speeds of up to 30-40 kilometers per hour are expected in various places on the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Thunderstorms and lightning may strike isolated places over Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Vidarbha, Uttar Pradesh, East Rajasthan, West Bengal, Sikkim, Jharkhand, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, coastal Andhra Pradesh and Yanam. Telangana, Tamil Nadu, Puducherry, Karaikal, Kerala and Mahe.
Thursday (September 14)
- Heavy to very heavy rain may hit isolated places over Odisha.
- Heavy rains are expected at isolated places over Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Vidarbha, Chhattisgarh, Gangetic, West Bengal, Jharkhand, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura.
- Thunderstorms and lightning may occur at isolated places over Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, Gilgit-Baltistan, Muzaffarabad, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Vidarbha, Uttar Pradesh, western Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Madhya Maharashtra, Marathwada, coastal Andhra Pradesh, Yanam and Telangana.
5-day forecast nationwide
The monsoon trough flows south from its natural position through Rajasthan, northern Madhya Pradesh, and northern Odisha, and thence southeastward into the east-central Bay of Bengal
Meanwhile, a cyclonic circulation is located over the central parts of the Bay of Bengal and the adjacent northern Bay of Bengal. Under its influence, a low pressure area formed over the central parts of the northern Bay of Bengal. This system is likely to become more visible in the next 24 hours and move across the coasts of southern Odisha, northern Andhra Pradesh and southern Chhattisgarh during the next three days.
Another cyclonic circulation is located over southwestern Uttar Pradesh and an east-west trough extends between the cyclonic circulation across southeastern Uttar Pradesh, Jharkhand and northern Odisha.
Under the influence of the above systems, isolated Heavy rain It may occur in some places in eastern and northeastern India, and around southern Chhattisgarh over the next few days.
As a result, widespread light to moderate rain, thunderstorms and lightning accompanied by isolated storms. Heavy rain showers It may affect Odisha and Jharkhand from September 13 to 15, the Ganges in West Bengal from September 13 to 14, and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands from September 15 to 16.
In addition, isolated Very heavy rain Odisha may be flooded on September 13, while Very heavy rain It will likely be over the state on September 14.
In addition, scattered light to moderate rain and isolated thunderstorms will occur. Heavy fall It may occur over Assam and Meghalaya on September 13 and over Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram and Tripura on September 13-14.
In addition, moderate to widespread rain and thunderstorms will occur Heavy rain It may hit Uttarakhand from September 13-17.
Moreover, rainfall is light to moderate, moderate to widespread, accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning, and scattered. high rain It is expected to fly over eastern Madhya Pradesh and Vidarbha from September 13 to 17, Chhattisgarh from September 13 to 16, and western Madhya Pradesh from September 14 to 17.
To the south, light to moderate rain, widespread to widespread, with scattered rain Heavy fall The matches will be played over coastal Andhra Pradesh on September 13 and Telangana on September 16-17.
Finally, humid westerly flows from the Arabian Sea may produce intermittent rains on the Konkan coast, including Mumbai city, for at least the next five days.
In particular, up to fairly widespread moderate to widespread rain showers with isolated thunderstorms and lightning. high rain It may occur in isolated places over Konkan and Goa on September 16 and the Ghat regions of Madhya Maharashtra and Marathwada on September 15-16.
As for mercury levels, maximum temperatures are expected to remain below normal in northwest India and around Odisha, while daytime temperatures are expected to be higher than normal in south and northeast India. The overnight low will likely be near normal or slightly above normal across the country during this forecast period.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download Weather channel app (On Android and iOS store). It’s free!