Weather today (September 25): Heavy rain in parts of Gujarat, Karnataka
Here is the weather forecast for India:
Monday (September 25)
- Heavy rains may hit isolated places over Bihar, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Goa, southwest Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat region and north interior Karnataka.
- Widespread rain and thunderstorms may occur over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Fairly widespread rainfall accompanied by thunderstorms is likely over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Bihar, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Telangana, Maharashtra, Goa and Karnataka.
- Isolated rain and thunderstorms may hit Jammu Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Lakshadweep.
- Intermittent snowfall or rain, along with thunderstorms, is expected over Ladakh.
Tuesday (September 26)
- Heavy to very heavy rains are expected at isolated places over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Heavy rain is expected at isolated places in Gujarat district.
- Widespread rain and thunderstorms are likely over Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Fairly widespread rain and thunderstorms are expected over Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Manipur, Mizoram, Tripura, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Telangana, Maharashtra, Goa, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh and Lakshadweep.
- Isolated with scattered rain and thunderstorms possible over Uttar Pradesh, Sikkim, Bihar, West Bengal, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
- Scattered snow or rain accompanied by thunderstorms may occur over Ladakh.
5-day forecast nationwide
The monsoon trough at mean sea level now passes through Bikaner, Kota, Guna, Satna, Daltonganj, Bankura and thence east to Manipur. Under the influence of a gentle anticyclonic flow developing over northwest India and dry weather over parts of southwest Rajasthan, conditions are favorable for the withdrawal of the southwest monsoon from parts of west Rajasthan today (September 25).
As a result, generally dry conditions are likely to prevail across the plains of Rajasthan and Punjab during the next five days, interspersed with scattered light to moderate rain and thunderstorms over Haryana and Punjab during the next two days.
Meanwhile, a cyclonic movement is occurring over southeastern Uttar Pradesh and the adjoining region. Another cyclonic circulation is located over northern interior Odisha and adjoining, a basin extending from the Ganges in West Bengal to Telangana via Odisha and southern Chhattisgarh.
In addition, the cyclonic circulation continues over south Gujarat region in the middle tropospheric levels.
Under the influence of the above-mentioned systems, light to moderate to widespread rain will fall, accompanied by thunderstorms and lightning, and scattered. Heavy fall It is expected in Bihar on September 25.
Similar conditions are expected in southwest Madhya Pradesh on September 25, Gujarat region from September 25 to 29, Madhya Maharashtra from September 27 to 29, and Konkan and Goa on September 25 and September 28 to 29.
In addition, rainfall will be light to moderate, widespread and scattered Heavy rain showers Possible over coastal Karnataka and Kerala from September 27-29 and north interior Karnataka on September 25 and September 27-29.
Furthermore, a new cyclonic circulation is expected to emerge over the North Andaman Sea and the adjacent region on September 29.
Under its influence, a low pressure area (LPA) is likely to form over the North Andaman Sea and the adjacent east-central Bay of Bengal during the next 24 hours. After that, it may move west and northwest, with the possibility of it gradually intensifying.
Before its arrival, intense rain activity, with some isolated Heavy fall It is expected to fly over the Andaman and Nicobar Islands from September 25 to 29.
In particular, isolated Very heavy rain It may flood the Andaman and Nicobar Islands from September 26 to 29 Very heavy falls On the cards for September 29th.
As for mercury levels, maximum temperatures are expected to remain below normal across the desert region and adjacent semi-arid regions throughout the week. Overnight lows are expected to remain normal or slightly above normal for most of the country over the next five days.
For weather, science, space and COVID-19 updates on the go, download Weather channel app (On Android and iOS store). It’s free!