What DC pools and spray parks are still open in September? – NBC4 Washington
The capital’s two swimming pools and 18 spray parks will remain open until the end of summer as the sweltering heat hits the region.
The heat wave is expected to bring record temperatures and a heat index of around 100 degrees, according to the Storm Team4 website. The capital’s hot weather emergency plan is being activated through Thursday.
Area pools are usually open from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Due to the extreme heat, the Oxon Run and pool at Hearst Recreation Center will remain open through September 21st.
Swimming pools in the capital are open during the month of September
The Oxon Run Pool is located at 501 Mississippi Avenue SE, about 1 mile from the Conference Heights metro station. It is closed on Mondays, but is open Tuesday through Friday from noon to 8 pm and on weekends from 10 am to 6 pm
The pool is located at the Hearst Recreation Center at 3701 Northwest 37th Street, about 0.3 miles from the Cleveland Park metro station. It is open Monday to Friday from 6am to 8pm and on weekends from 10am to 6pm.
DC spray parks are open during the month of September
Eighteen of the area’s spray parks will remain open through September 21. Child-friendly fountains can help residents beat the heat from 10am to 8pm, see locations below:
- 14th Street and Park Way (Columbia Heights Civic Plaza): 14th Street and Park Way, NW | 20011
- Harrison Recreation Center: 1330 V Street, NW | 20009
- Park in Ledroit: 319 Oakdale Place, NW | 20001
- Kennedy Recreation Center: 1401 7th Street, NW | 20005
- Chevy Chase Recreation Center: 5500 41st Street, NW | 20015
- Jay Mason Recreation Center: 3600 Calvert Street, NW | 20007
- Macomb Recreation Center: 3409 Macomb Street, NW | 20016
- Tacoma Community Center: 300 Van Buren Street, NW | 20012
- Lafayette Pointer Recreation Center: 5900 33rd Street, NW | 20015
- Petworth Recreation Center: 801 Taylor Street, NW | 20011
- Edgewood Recreation Center: 3rd Street & Evarts, NE | 20002
- Türkiye Entertainment Center: 1100 Michigan Avenue, NE | 20017
- Eastern Market Metro Park: 701 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE | 20003
- Watkins Spray Park: 420 12th Street, SE | 20003
- Hillcrest Recreation Center: 3100 Denver Street, SE | 20020
- Fort Davis Spray Park: 1400 41st Street, SE | 20020
- Marvin Gay Park at Division Avenue: Division & Foote Streets, NE | 20019
- Marvin Gaye Entertainment Center: 6201 Banks Place, NE | 20019
District leaders are urging everyone to be careful about the weather during extreme heat. The heat poses a risk to vulnerable residents and we advise residents to check on elderly neighbours, children and pets.
If you exercise outdoors, do it early in the morning or in the evening. Make sure to stay hydrated and stay in the shade when you are outside.
Cooling stations are available for people without air conditioning. Click here to find a cooling center.
(Tags for translation) Heatwave