What is the weather forecast near me in Cleveland, Akron, Canton, and Worcester?
(WJW) – A winter storm warning will go into effect for several Northeast Ohio counties.
For some counties, a storm warning will begin on 11pm on Thursday and continues until 4am on Saturday. These include Cuyahoga, Erie, Huron, Lorain, Medina and Summit counties.
For others, a winter storm warning will be in effect starting at 1am on Friday and continues until 10pm on Saturday. These include Ashtabula, Geauga and Lake counties.
Click here to see weather alerts for your area
Additionally, winter weather warnings will go into effect in several other counties. For Ashland, Crawford, Holmes, Ottawa, Richland, Sandusky and Wayne counties, this advisory will run from 10pm Thursday until 7pm Friday.
For Carroll, Coshocton, Mahoning, Portage, Stark, Trumbull, and Tuscarawas counties, winter weather advisories will be in effect as of 1 a.m. Friday until 10 a.m. Saturday.
Friday snowfall schedule:
- Friday morning: Snow will arrive between 2-4 am
- Friday Afternoon: Snow will generally continue into the early afternoon. Most areas will see around 3-6 inches.
- Friday evening: There will be a gradual shift to the lake effect as the evening approaches, with northerly winds blowing. Additional snow accumulations are expected Friday evening and night
Light and scattered snow showers will fall across the country this evening. At least we’re not cold today! Temperatures will be in the 20s this evening and winds will be lighter, so there won’t be a lot of strong, cold winds. However, temperatures will still be cold.
A Winter Storm Watch (Red) is in effect from 1 a.m. Friday until 10 p.m. Saturday for counties in the core snow belt. This is a place where snow can reach up to a foot. The rest of the provinces are under warning from 11 pm today until 4 am on Saturday. 8-12″ possible.
A winter weather alert (teal) is in effect from 10pm this evening until 7pm Friday. 2-6″ possible.
Here are the details of snowfall on Friday:
- Snow arrives between 2-4am
- Snow will generally continue into the early afternoon. Most areas 3-6″ by early Friday evening
- Coverage will be high
- Snow density will be moderate
- A gradual shift to lake effect Friday afternoon/evening with northerly winds
- Additional accumulations Friday evening/night more localized
- The intermittent lake effect will continue until midday Saturday
Future Friday broadcast:
Snow falling on Friday until mid-evening:
Additional lake effect snowfall will continue into Saturday in the snow belts. Where we can find totals of events around the foot.
The cold will continue until early next week. Highs in the 30s and 40s.
Here’s the latest 8-day forecast:
Stay informed by downloading the FOX 8 apps.